Monday, November 26, 2012

SNOWBALL 

BY: SHEL SILVERSTEIN   

I made myself a snowball 
As perfect as could be.
I thought I'd keep it as a pet 
And let it sleep with me.
I made it some pajamas 
And a pillow for its head.
Then last night it ran away,
But first it wet the bed.

I like this poem very much. It is talking about a man who made a perfect snowball. This man made the snowball pajamas and a pillow so that the snowball could sleep with him. But when he woke up the next morning the snowball was gone and had melted.

The emotions and attitudes in this are exited. The reason he is exited is because ha made a perfect snowball. Another emotion is sad because the snow ball left.

The shift in this poem is at the end when it say's " then last night it ran away but first it wet the bed" you can tell that he is sad that it left.

I like this poem it is fun and kind of funny. I remember when we had a really bad snow storm in Seattle, Washington. I had found a big chunk of ice and I wanted to bring it in. But my mom said it would melt. I also like this because to me it is kind of using a metaphor by saying it wet the bed, instead of saying it melted.

Yes I would recommend this poem to my friends because I think that it is a good poem. I has some humor too. It also is a sweet and nice poem.




3 comments:

  1. I love this poem! I read it years ago and it still makes me laugh =).

    ReplyDelete
  2. What kind of figurative language is this poem?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What is the tone/mood for this poem? I'm sure funny is one of them.

    ReplyDelete