Wednesday, November 28, 2012


I Won’t Hatch By Shel Silverstein

Oh I am a chickie who lives in an egg,
But I will not hatch, I will not hatch.
The hens they all cackle, the roosters all beg,
But I will not hatch, I will not hatch.
For I hear all the talk of pollution and war
As the people all shout and the airplanes roar,
So I’m staying in here where it’s safe and it’s warm,
And I WILL NOT HATCH!

This is a smart little chikie who won't hatch. This chick know that their is bad pollution and war. That is a smart chikie I tell you.

The feeling in this poem is angry. I say angry because everyone want the chick to hatch. But the chick doesn't want to hatch he is to smart he is angry that the people are trying to force him to hatch.

The shift in this poem is when the chick gives the reasons to why he wont hatch. The reason the shift is here is beacause the chick is not just saying he don't want to he is giving reasons.

I like this poem because it talks about whats happening now in days about pollution war...etc.. Also it show that chicks are smarter than us they now what's happening and a lot of us don't.

Yes I would recommend this poem to people. The reason I mostly for the humor. But also because its written by Shel Silverstein.

2 comments:

  1. But you can't change the world if you refuse to be part of it....

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is the best poker room in DC?
    We've got you covered and answer 삼척 출장안마 the 대구광역 출장안마 hottest poker 이천 출장마사지 rooms 계룡 출장안마 in the DC! You'll find rooms that are as good as the 서귀포 출장샵 ones at TwinSpires.

    ReplyDelete