Tuesday, November 27, 2012


Something Missing By Shel Silverstein

I remember I put on my socks,
I remember I put on my shoes.
I remember I put on my tie
That was printed
In beautiful purples and blues.
I remember I put on my coat,
To look perfectly grand at the dance,
Yet I feel there is something
I may have forgot—
What is it? What is it? . . .

This poem is talking about when you are getting ready you put every thing on. you look in the mirror. But somethings missing and you don't know what but when you walk out of the door and are 15 minutes away you remember.

The feelings in this poem are proud and frustrated. The reason I said proud is because he is all ready and proud of how good he look. On the other hand. Frustrated because he feels like he's forgetting something.

The shift is when he says " Yet I feel there is something I may have forgot " after he feel's so ready it turns into a worried feeling.

My opinion on this poem is that it is a good poem. Because a lot of us feel this way like we have forgotten something.

I think I would recommend it to friend it might give them a little... something to laugh about because I bet they have done it more than one time.

2 comments: