Tuesday, November 27, 2012


Rain by Shel Silverstein
I opened my eyes
And looked up at the rain,
And it dripped in my head
And flowed into my brain,
And all that I hear as I lie in my bed
Is the slishity-slosh of the rain in my head.

I step very softly,
I walk very slow,
I can't do a handstand--
I might overflow,
So pardon the wild crazy thing I just said--
I'm just not the same since there's rain in my head.
This poem is very good. It is talking about a kid with water in his head. This kid has to walk very slowly because their is water in his head and he can not act the same.

The feelings in this poem are sad and depressed. The reason he is sad is because he is just sitting in his bed with water in his head. Also he is depressed because he can not do a handstand because he will overflow.

My opinion on this poem is that is is sad that the boy can not run can not do a hand stand. The poor boy can not have fun because he has rain/water in his head.

Yes I would recommend this to my friend because it is a good poem a heart felt poem. Also Its a poem worth sharing

No comments:

Post a Comment